Camden Camilleri 2020 Campbelltown Hobbies Team Driver
On: 28 November 2019
The Team here at Campbelltown hobbies would like to welcome and Thank Camden Camilleri for signing with Campbelltown hobbies, CHR for the 2020 RC Racing season.
Name: Camden Camilleri
Country: Austalia State: Victoria
Facebook page: Claude Camden Camilleri RC Racer (https://www.facebook.com/Claude-Camden-Camilleri-RC-Racers-728165010721099)
Type of RC Racing: : 1/10 electric off road,
Class/s: Currently racing 2wd Modified, 4wd Modified, Stadium Truck
B6.1D 2WD B64D 4WD
Motor: 7.5t V3 Team Powers Actinium Motor: 5.5t V3 Team Powers Actinium
ESC: Randon Pro V4 ESC: Randon Pro V3
Servo: TP-DS1305-V2 Servo: Savox 1258
Battery: Intellect 6000MAH Battery: Intellect 6000MAH
Motor: 7.5t V3 Team Powers Actinium
ESC: Randon Pro V3
Servo: Savox 1258
Battery: Intellect 6000MAH
Preferred tires are J Concepts
Body: Standard T5M Team Associated
My hobbies and interests are Karate (Brown Belt – black bar), Swimming (currently on the final level before getting my swimming diploma) and RC Racing
I started driving RC Cars at the age of 6, My brother, dad and I would race at Keilor Off Road RC Track when the weather allowed us to. In September 2017, we traveled to Knox for a race (first time trying another track) This is where it all truly began. From this meet we started to race weekly. In January 2018 we started our Facebook page as a way to document our progress, like a diary, but one that others can follow. 2018 was a great year for us. Later in the year my mum also started racing with us making it even better. Our holidays became RC holidays. We travelled to many different tracks for the first time (Wodonga, Mildura, Adelaide and Shepparton) raced in many big events and made many new friends. I learnt a lot and had a ball. It was also the year I started to drive stadium truck, and ran in the stock class for club events.
In 2018, I ran in many club meets – in Keilor and Knox as they run alternative weeks (1st and 3rd week Knox, 2nd and 4th Keilor)– a post has been written for all of these as it is great to look back at our journey. I also ran all the bigger events in Victoria and the Nationals in Adelaide.
- Summerslam. - 2nd in Junior 2wd Buggy
- Yokomo Keilor Invitational 2018, - 2nd in Junior 2wd Buggy
- Knox Cup 2018, (VDS Round) 1st in 2wd Buggy
- Adelaide State Titles 2018 – Rained out
- Wodonga Dirt G.P. 2018, (VDS Round) -1st in 2wd Buggy
- Mildura 2018 - (VDS Round) - 2nd in Junior 2wd Buggy
- Polistena Cup - (VDS Round) - 1st in 2wd Buggy
- Overall 1st for the VDS rounds
- Won a special award for a junior under sixteen, This is a special signed touring car shell from the one and only MASAMI HIROSAKA. - The panel looked for Sportsmanship, Race craft, Improving the image of RC and Good turn marshaling.
- Victorian state titles Knox - -1st in 2wd Buggy, 7th in Stadium Truck
- Australian Nationals held in Adelaide - 2nd in Junior 2wd Buggy
- 2019 was another great year, this was the year we transitioned into Mod class and running both 2wd and 4wd classes. We also traveled to Tasmania and raced on carpet for the first time.
- 2019 – raced in many club meets – unfortunately the rain forced some to be cancelled. Currently running 2nd in the Knox Club series for 2wd and 4wd
- Raced in all the bigger Victorian events which include the following:
- Wodonga Summer Slam,
- Yokomo Keilor Invitational 2019 in stock class. -4th 2wd stock, 6th 4wd stock
- In March moved into the Mod Class and competed in the following; Classic on the Clay at Knox,
- MM2019 – VDS round - 15th in both 2wd Mod class and 4wd Mod Class
- Victorian State Titles (Mildura) – 9th in 2wd Mod and 11th in 4wd Mod Class
- Shepparton VDS round – 9th in both 2wd Mod class and 4wd Mod Class
- Wodonga VDS Round – 10th in 2wd Mod, 6th 4wd Mod
- Tasmanian State titles – 8th in 2wd Mod, 6th 4wd mod
- Poli Cup VDS Round - 7th in 2wd Mod, 11th 4wd mod
- Coleman Cup VDS Round - 9th in 2wd Mod, 7th 4wd mod
- Australian Nationals – 17th 2wd Mod – out of 35 entrants , Truck and 4wd washed out.
I do my own wrenching (building and maintaining my cars) as it helps me learn how things work. I am currently experimenting with car set up, finding out how changes affect the buggies, finding out what works at what track, I also love helping beginners and others with there cars on and off the track. I really enjoy it when other kids come see RC Racing for the first time and come up to me to ask questions and I am able to answer their questions.
Next years goal is to improve my driving, continue to learn set ups so I can get into the A-main in the Australian National,
Long term goal – Race at the Worlds, help to promote this great sport, share my experience with others and continue to enjoy it with my family and friends.